Francisco Martinez, called affectionately by his friends and family "Paco", is a rounded software developer. Throughout his professional career he has served as System Programmer/Analyst, Operations Manager, Solutions Architect and Technical Trainer.
Fields of interest:
- Multi-platform computing and system integration projects
- Software systems that use the (CQRS) pattern
- Cloud computing solutions.
- Both physical and electronic security studies
Paco is a Microsoft Alumni, and is a member of the Apple Developer Program
However, Paco's knowledge and skills transcend computer science. He also has over 16 years of service in United States armed forces. He is a trained small arms armorer, Military Policeman (US Army), Security Specialist, Security Forces Member, and Ground Combat Skills Instructor (US Air Force)
Military career highlights:
- Worked as part of the security contingent of the Headquarters Allied Air Forces Europe (NATO)
- Awarded the US Air Force Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, and the Air Force Achievement Medal (4 times)
- National Defense Ribbon with a star device.
- Combat veteran
Paco was born in New York City, while his father, Professor Roger F. Martinez, was wrapping up the studies for his Masters degree. A little over a year later, the family was back at their home in Puerto Rico, were Paco grew up wanting to be a policeman, professional skateboarder, philosopher, or archeologist
In mid 1999, he relocated from Puerto Rico to Texas. In that move, he was accompanied by his son, Francisco G. Martinez. A little later, his beloved daughter Monica, was born. In 2016, Paco married his friend and now business partner, Shirley Martinez
Paco is an early riser that tries to stay true to a 5k run 4 times a week. He likes backyard cookouts with friends and family.